We offer a range of grants and other forms of assistance to landlords and agents to help improve the condition and sustainability of accommodation in the private sector.
Grants for landlords
We currently have two main grants available for landlords :
- Landlord’s Home Improvement Grant
This grant of up to £15,000 can be put towards a wide range of repairs and improvements to private rented property. In return we ask for you to join the Cherwell Bond Scheme.
- Cherwell Energy Efficiency Project (CHEEP) Grant
We will contribute £5,000 towards the costs of improving insulation, energy efficiency and heating of private rented accommodation. This can be used to top-up the Government's Boiler Upgrade Scheme.
We may be able to help with grants and loans if you have an empty property, or a vulnerable or disabled tenant.
Grants from other organisations
- Sustainable Warmth Grant
- Oxfordshire County Council is offering grant contributions of up to £25,000 to improve Oxfordshire's least energy efficient homes.
- Private tenants and owner occupiers on low incomes or in receipt of rent can apply. See Oxfordshire County Council's website for details.
- Boiler Upgrade Scheme
- The Government is offering grant contributions of up to £6,000 to encourage property owners (including private landlords) to install low carbon heating systems such as heat pumps.
- Installers apply for the grant on your behalf. Full details are on the GOV.UK website.
We also offer free information and advice via the Landlords' Forum and newsletter.
We offer advice visits for landlords, agents and homeowners who are thinking of letting, converting or renovating a property.