Planning policies and practices shape development proposals for the physical and economic regeneration of the district. They cover everything from large redevelopment schemes to small housing developments, changes of use of commercial property and residential extensions.
Our planning service covers planning policy, development control and urban design. We also provide information for local land charge searches - relating to properties in the district and matters affecting them.
A Duty Planning Officer will be available between 9:00 and 13:00 on Monday to Friday to deal with all development control planning enquiries.
In this section you can learn about our planning application process, find out on what grounds you can object to an application and download a weekly list of applications.
Planning policy documents, including the local plan and the Local Development Framework can also be viewed.
What is it you want to do? Please choose from the list below:
- View a planning application
- Research a property history (back to 1995)
- Comment on an application
- Make a planning application
- Want pre-application advice
- View the weekly list of planning applications
- Report a possible breach of planning
- Find out about our transport policies
- Find out about planning obligations