How will the overpayment be recovered?

If you are still receiving Housing Benefit we may reduce this each week by the amount shown on your letter. If you pay your Housing Benefit to your landlord, your landlord may ask you to make up any difference. If you feel that the amount we are reducing your Housing Benefit by is causing you hardship please call the Overpayments Team on 01295 227002 to discuss this, or contact us via email.

If you stop receiving Housing Benefit we will send you an invoice for the amount you owe. If you are unable to repay this in full we may be able to arrange for you to pay by instalments.