Healthy Homes Grant for homeowners
The Healthy Homes Grant is available to help people with long-term health conditions or disabilities to carry out necessary repairs to their home.
To be eligible, the person who the grant will help (the vulnerable person) must be:
- Vulnerable due to a disability or long-term health condition; and
- Referred to the grant scheme by their GP or a Health Practitioner; and
- In receipt of (or eligible for) a means-tested benefit.
The grant is also subject to the following conditions:
- The maximum grant is £5,000.
- Works are restricted to repairs or improvements directly linked to improving or alleviating the health condition.
- The occupant with the health condition must continue to live at the grant improved property for 3 years following completion of the work, otherwise the whole of the grant is repayable to the Council (except in the event of the death of the qualifying occupant).