Essential repairs grant
Essential repairs grants (ERG) are available for homeowners on low incomes or benefits. The maximum grant amount is £5,000.
ERGs can be used to deal with jobs which are too big for our small repairs service, but still need to be dealt with quickly, such as:
- Replacing a defective door or window
- Roof repairs
- Electrical safety repairs
You may be eligible for an Essential Repairs Grant if you meet the following criteria:
- You have owned your home for at least 3 years; and
- You are eligible for a means-tested benefit, and/or a tax credit with a household income below a set level; and
- You are over 60 years of age, or in receipt of Child Benefit for a child living with you.
To make an Essential Repairs Grant enquiry, email email@example.com or call 01295 227004.