Apply for a HMO licence
HMOs that need a licence
In Cherwell, an HMO must have a licence if:
- It is occupied by five or more people; and
- Those people form two or more households; and
- The HMO is not a purpose-built, self-contained flat situated in a block comprising three or more self-contained flats.
The person managing or having control of an HMO meeting the above description must apply for an HMO licence.
To complete an HMO licence application you will need to:
- Provide all required information in the application form
- Pay the HMO licence fee: £700 for new applications, £400 for renewals
- Upload a floorplan
- Upload the gas certificate
- Upload the electrical installation condition report
- You may also need to provide a signed declaration (if the proposed licence holder is different to the applicant)