Appendix 1 - Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply:
- The recipient organisation will not operate for profit for its members. There will be no distribution of assets or funds from this grant to any individual during the existence of the organisation or on its dissolution.
- The recipient organisation shall have a set of rules or articles of agreement with clearly stated aims and objectives or have a formal constitution, be a registered Community Interest Company with a Memorandum and Articles of Association or be a registered or non-registered charity.
- The recipient organisation shall have its own bank account.
- Except where expressly agreed in writing by the Council, the recipient has not committed itself by purchase, contract or other binding agreement to the Project for which the grant is being sought. The Council will not fund the project retrospectively. If work has already commenced, you will be unable to reclaim against those costs. You may only place orders once a funding decision has been made and you have signed and sent back your offer letter of acceptance to the Council.
- The Council shall reserve the right to suspend, defer, withhold or clawback any or all the Grant payments and/or require repayment of all of the financial assistance if:
- all terms and conditions of this Agreement are not met in full;
- any information given to the Council in connection with the application for the Grant is found to be false or misleading or there has been a failure to disclose any material fact which would have had a bearing on the initial consideration of the application;
- there is a substantial or material change in the nature, scale or timing of the Project;
- the Project extends to purposes other than those specified in the application; or
- Grant funding is received from any other source for the same Project that would result in the total eligible project costs being exceeded.
- All works and activities covered by the grant will conform to all relevant statutory obligations, bylaws, licences, regulations and consents.
- The recipient organisation will maintain adequate insurance covering public liability. Evidence of insurance cover must be produced to the Council if requested.
- The Council reserves the right to require the applicant to comply with any relevant recommendations or requirements imposed on the Council by the District Auditor, Audit Commission or other statutory inspectorate or regulatory body in relation to the grant.
- Grant Aid payments will be made by the Council in line with the Claims Procedure.
- The Council reserves the right to use photographs, videos or other promotional material to publicise the grant aid scheme.
- The Council reserves the right to conduct a site visit to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of offer and upon giving reasonable notice to the applicant.
- Grant recipients shall provide the Council with a monitoring report within 6 months from the date of the award and shall subsequently update that report within 12 months from the completion of the project detailing the use to which the financial assistance has been put, which shall comprise tangible metrics or deliverables that may be specific to the project.