The Housing Register enables us to register your application for social housing and assess your housing need. It is maintained in accordance with our Allocation Scheme.
Anyone over the age of 16 can apply to the Housing Register. There are special rules if you are aged 16 or 17, so please contact us on 01295 227004 to discuss if this is relevant.
We will need you to provide relevant documentary proof. This can include:
- Proof of address
- Proof of identity
- Residency of any children
- Right to remain in this country
- Evidence of your local connection with Cherwell district
- A copy of any Notice to Quit or other relevant legal proceedings you have received
- Two months' recent bank statements for all adults included in the application.
We aim to process your application within 20 working days, but this may take longer if we have to carry out more detailed investigations.
You will also need to complete a medical form if you have health issues that affect your housing, such as a need for adaptations or mobility issues.
You will need to print the forms out, fill them in and return to us by:
Cherwell District Council
If you need help to complete the form contact us on 01295 227004 to book an appointment with our Customer Services Team at:
- Bodicote House
- Exeter Hall, Kidlington, Oxford Road, Kidlington, OX5 1AB
- Franklin House, Bicester, Wesley Lane, OX26 6JU
- The Town Centre Office, 43 Castle Quay, Banbury, OX16 5UW