Make a building control application

If you're building something new, or making changes to an existing building, you may need building regulation approval. The links below will take you to the relevant application forms.

This makes sure the work meets health and safety standards and energy and accessibility standards and gives you the certificates of compliance you need when you want to sell your home or building.

You should apply for building regulation approval before you start work.

There are three types of building control application you can make:

It's illegal not to tell us about your building work and you might have to correct the work, or pay a fine, if you do not tell us about it.