A Partial Review of the adopted Cherwell Local Plan 2011-2031 (Part 1) is in preparation to help meet the unmet housing needs of Oxford. When adopted it will become part of the statutory Development Plan to which regard must be given in the determination of planning applications.
Cherwell District Council submitted the Local Plan Partial Review (Oxford's Unmet Housing Need) to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government for formal examination on Monday 5 March 2018.
The Submission Local Plan comprises:
- Proposed Submission Local Plan (July 2017) incorporating the Focused Changes and Minor Modifications (February 2018)
- Submission policies map (included within the Submission Plan incorporating the Focused Changes and Minor Modifications (February 2018)
Supporting documents include:
- PR43 Sustainability Appraisal Report (June 2017) and PR92 Addendum (February 2018)
- PR93 Statement of Consultation (February 2018)
- PR44 Habitats Regulations Assessment - Screening Report (June 2017) and PR91 Addendum (February 2018)
- Copies of PR78 representations made in accordance with Regulation 20
- Other supporting documents
For further information please go to the Examination page.
In Part 1 of the Local Plan (2011-2031), the Council committed to work which seeks to address the unmet objectively assessed housing need from elsewhere in the Oxfordshire Housing Market Area (HMA), particularly from Oxford City.
On 26 September 2016, the Oxfordshire Growth Board (a joint committee) agreed an apportionment of Oxford's unmet housing need to the Oxfordshire districts, including 4,400 homes to Cherwell District (2011-2031).
Consultation on the Proposed Submission Draft of the Plan was undertaken between July 2017 and October 2017. The representations were considered when preparing the Submission Plan incorporating the focused changes and minor modifications. The Plan contains specific development proposals for helping to meet Oxford's housing need. Reports on the Partial Review of Cherwell Local Plan were presented to Executive and Council on 26 February 2018.