In Cherwell, the adopted development plan currently consists of:
- Adopted Cherwell Local Plan 2011 - 2031 Part 1 (July 2015)
- Saved, retained policies of the Adopted Cherwell Local Plan 1996
- 'Made' Neighbourhood Plans in Cherwell District
- Saved policies from Oxfordshire County Council's Minerals and Waste Local Plan 1996
The Interactive Adopted Policies Map brings together the development plan allocations and policy maps from the adopted district and Neighbourhood Plans. View Oxfordshire County Council's Minerals and Waste Local Plan. The mapping system additionally enables access to the latest information for planning applications, conservation area boundaries and listed buildings.
The information revealed on the maps using the 'Identify' function indicates the relevant policy number of the Adopted Cherwell Local Plan Part 1 July 2015 for an area and contains a link to the written text of the plan and the relevant policy. However other policies in the development plan may also apply.
Note that the constraints based information shown as part of the Adopted Cherwell Local Plan Part 1 July 2015 group layer is a 'snapshot' of the constraints information at the time the plan was adopted, and is not updated. Some of the constraints information overlaps the District boundary, extending into other local authority areas. For these, the relevant planning policy in the Adopted Cherwell Local Plan Part 1 is indicated, which may be relevant to proposals beyond the district boundary.
The original adopted or 'made' plans must be referred to at the same time as using the Interactive Adopted Policies Map:
- The Adopted Cherwell Local Plan 2011 - 2031 (Part 1) can be viewed at Adopted Cherwell Local Plan 2011-2031 (Part 1). It contains a District-wide Policies Map, and Key Policies Maps for Bicester, Banbury, and Kidlington, as well as inset maps.
- The saved, retained, policies of the 1996 Cherwell Local Plan (policies which have not been superseded by the Local Plan 2011-20310 are available at 'Cherwell Local Plan 1996'. They are supported by proposals maps.
- Oxfordshire County Council's adopted minerals and waste policies and associated proposal maps are available to view at Minerals and Waste Local Plan.
- Made' Neighbourhood Plans in Cherwell District are available to view at 'Neighbourhood Planning'.
The information illustrated on the Interactive Adopted Policies Map does not replace or change what is shown each adopted or 'made' Plan. The Map will change if there are changes to the statutory development plan. Although every effort has been made to capture information accurately, the Planning Policy Team should be contacted if there is any uncertainty. The team can be contacted at email@example.com or on 01295 227985. If there is any conflict between the Interactive Adopted Policies Map and the adopted or 'made' Plan, the adopted or 'made' Plan will prevail.
Click below to confirm you have understood the above and to view the Interactive Adopted Policies Map: