Trees in Cherwell

Who do I contact about trees in Cherwell District?

Depending on where a tree is located, please contact the appropriate organisation listed below:

  • Trees on private residential property and on adjacent private property - You can contact a professional arboriculturalist or, if necessary, the emergency services.
  • Trees on school property - Contact the school directly first and then, if necessary, contact Oxfordshire Schools at Oxfordshire County Council.
  • Trees on roads, footpaths, roadside verges, and public rights of way - Contact: 0845 310 1111 or email Oxfordshire County Council Oxfordshire Highways
  • Trees in Rural Parishes -Each Rural Parish Council manages and maintains Parks and Open Spaces in their area; contact your Parish directly.
  • Trees in Banbury - Parks and open spaces - You can contact Banbury Town Council  
  • Trees in Bicester, Kidlington and Cherwell - Parks and open spaces - You can contact our Arboricultural Officer on 01295 221708 (South) or on 01295 221804 (North) or email