Noise nuisance

Motor sports

There are a number of venues across the district that are used for off-road motor cycle sports. There is a code of practice with respect to "Noise from off-road motor cycle sports" which states that:

Use of a site for motor cycling events may, in some circumstances, require specific planning permission. For example if land is used for more than 14 days in a year for the purpose of racing.

It is also suggested that a site be used for not more than 10 days per year with at least four weeks between events. In noise sensitive areas, the event should be limited to a single day. A slightly longer day is preferable to a two day event.

Report noise nuisance

Please note: The form will close after ten minutes