Local Housing Allowance (LHA) is a way of working out how much housing benefit you can get to help pay rent if you have a private landlord. (LHA doesn’t apply to Housing Associations)
The amount of LHA you receive is calculated using the number of people who live in your home. One bedroom is allowed for each of the following:
- an adult couple
- another person aged 16 or over
- any two children of the same sex up to the age of 16
- any two children regardless of sex under the age of 10
- any other child
An extra bedroom can be allowed if you:
- have a foster child or children
- have a severely disabled child who needs their own room
- or your partner are disabled and a carer provides regular overnight care
- have a child who is away on duty with the armed forces and intends to return home
Use the LHA bedroom calculator to find the maximum number of rooms you can claim for.
- Cherwell Local Housing Allowance Rates
- Oxford Local Housing Allowance Rates
- Local Housing Allowance Rates by postcode
To claim Housing Benefit fill in this form.
Any further questions about Local Housing Allowance call 01295 227002.