Our dog warden service encourages and monitors responsible dog ownership throughout the district. We do this by:
- enforcing the legislation on dog-fouling
- provision and emptying of dog bins throughout the district
- dealing with stray dogs
- provide expert advice on how to make sure that your pet does not cause a nuisance
- provide a free dog registration scheme which provides a unique identity tag for your pet. Replacement tags can be obtained by either submitting a new request or by purchasing a metal replacement tag from a local pet shop and having it engraved with your pets current ID number and the council phone number.
- dangerous dogs - information and reporting
- investigating barking dog complaints
Contact the dog warden service
The Dog Warden is not responsible for the mistreatment or neglect of dogs; if you are concerned about the treatment of a dog you should contact the RSPCA.