Move Together is a new county-wide programme supporting hundreds of Oxfordshire residents with long term health conditions, and those with mental health issues, who have been adversely affected by COVID-19 and the long periods of lockdown and isolation we have all endured.
The programme is coordinated by Active Oxfordshire and district councils accross the county will provide bespoke support for people with long term health conditions who have been isolating, to become more physically active and improve both physical and mental health.
A wide range of support will be offered including activity packs to get people moving more at home, telephone support and motivation, condition specific exercise sessions, digital apps and more. Support provided will be tailored to the individual's need and provided locally. The aim is to help people increase their activity levels in a way that works for them.
How does it work?
- Individuals can ask their GP or Health Care Professional to refer them to the Move Together programme.
- Individuals, or referring organisations, can complete an enquiry form online by visiting Move Together website or Get Oxfordshire Active website for more information.
- Call your local district coordinator on 01295 221575
What happens next?
- A local Move Together coordinator will be in touch for a chat & next steps.
- The individual and the coordinator decide together what sort of activities would be good to start with.
- Together they can agree the sort of ongoing support that is wanted or needed.