Job opportunities at elections
Would you like to play your part in helping us to run elections in Cherwell in a role that’s important for your local community and a great way of earning some extra money? We would love to hear from you if you are interested in becoming involved.
May 2021 Elections
The Government is confident that elections will be taking place on 6 May 2021 and that polls can be delivered safely and securely, and the risk of transmission substantially reduced, if COVID-19 secure guidelines are followed closely.
As we prepare for the elections, the impact of COVID-19 is at the forefront of our planning, and we will be focusing on ensuring that voting is safe for our staff and electors. This includes (but is not limited to) exploring:
- PPE at polling stations, the count and postal vote opening sessions (hand-sanitiser, gloves, face shield / masks)
- Ensuring all venues we use are COVID compliant
- How we run the ballot box collection and ballot box drop off for Presiding Officers
- Additional guidance and support for polling station staff on the management of queues, venue capacities and social distancing
- Promotion of postal voting
- liaison with candidates and agents to ensure awareness and compliance