Adderbury - May 2020
Following the submission of a Community Governance Review petition from West Adderbury Residents Association, full Council have been asked to set up a working group to look at the request to split the existing parish into two separate parishes.
The report was considered at the meeting on 20 May 2020, and all recommendations were approved. The recommendations included setting up a working group, and approving the timetable for the review, which will be completed by February 2021. The terms of reference give more details about the process of the review.
There will be two formal consultation stages during the review. The first one ran from Monday 29 June through to Friday 28 August. Every household in Adderbury received a consultation document through the post, which provided more information about the request to separate the parish.
The Working Group will now meet to go through all of the consultation responses received, and prepare a report with draft recommendations that will be considered by full Council on Monday 19 October.
The second consultation stage will run from Monday 2 November to Monday 4 January.
- Read the first stage consultation letter
- View the existing parish boundary
- See the proposed location of the new parish boundary
- See a zoomed in version of the proposed location of the new parish boundary - this was added on Tuesday 30 June following requests from residents of Adderbury. The dark red line in the centre of the map is the proposed boundary.
- Potential street split for proposed West Adderbury - this was added on Friday 3 July. There are 1,387 properties in Adderbury as of July 2020. Should the parish be split into two administrative areas, approximately 422 properties would come under West Adderbury Parish Council. The remaining 965 properties would come under the Parish Council (name to be agreed if the split goes ahead) on the east side of Adderbury
- Read the information that was included in the petition from West Adderbury Residents Association - please note that this is a document with the views of the West Adderbury Residents Association, Cherwell District Council (CDC) does not have any responsibility for the content. The publication of the document does not mean the views are endorsed by CDC.
The members of the working group are:
- Councillor Conrad Copeland
- Councillor Ian Corkin
- Councillor Shaida Hussain
- Councillor George Reynolds
- Councillor Les Sibley - replaced Councillor John Broad from 20 July
- Councillor Sean Woodcock