Cherwell District Council has declared a climate emergency
- ensure our own operations and activities are net zero by 2030
- do our part to achieve a net zero carbon district by 2030 and lead through example.
See our Climate Action Framework for more details on how we intend to achieve this.
Getting to net zero
Since 2008-2009, our carbon emissions have reduced by nearly 39 per cent.
In 2019/20 our annual emissions were down 9.2 per cent to 4,154 tonnes of CO2e, with:
- 48 per cent from leisure centres’ electricity and heating
- 32 per cent from the waste fleet
- 15 per cent from corporate buildings electricity and heating
- 3 per cent from landscape maintenance
- 2 per cent from business mileage.
View our latest greenhouse gas report to see how we are reducing the carbon emissions of our estate and operations.
For more information on what you can do to reduce your emissions, including information around electric vehicle charging, please visit Oxfordshire County Council’s website.