We have declared a climate emergency, and will:
- ensure our own operations and activities are carbon net zero by 2030
- do our part to support the district to become carbon net zero
Getting to net zero
Since 2008-2009, our carbon emissions have reduced just over 49 per cent.
In 2020/21 our annual emissions were down 22 per cent to 3220 tonnes of CO2e, with:
- 33 per cent from leisure centres’ electricity and heating
- 46 per cent from the waste fleet
- 15 per cent from corporate buildings electricity and heating
- 5 per cent from landscape maintenance
- 1 per cent from business mileage.
View our latest greenhouse gas report to see how we are reducing the carbon emissions of our estate and operations.
For ideas about what you can do at home to help tackle climate change, please visit Climate Action Oxfordshire.
For more information on what you can do to reduce your emissions, including information around electric vehicle charging, please visit Oxfordshire County Council’s website.