Please read before booking
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the hire of sports facilities at
- North Oxfordshire Academy, Banbury and
- The Cooper School, Bicester
Section 1 : Charges
- All charges in the case of a single booked period must be paid at the time of booking.
- VAT will not be charged for block bookings of 10 sessions or more on the basis that the following conditions are met;
- Each period is in respect of the same activity carried out at the same place.
- The interval between each period is at least one day (i.e. 24 hours must elapse between the start of each session) and not more than 14 days.
- Consideration is payable by reference to the whole series and is evidenced by written agreement.
- The grantee has exclusive use of the facilities.
- In regards to the intervals, the duration of these sessions may be varied but there is no exception for intervals greater than 14 days through the closure of the facility for any reason.
- In the event of a single or multiple sessions being cancelled by the hirer resulting in an interval of more than 14 days, VAT will apply to all other periods included in the block booking in line with Custom and Excise requirements.
- All hirers who commit to a booking of more than 10 sessions will have two options to make payment to ensure VAT exemption:
- Register via pitchbooking.com and access their account making payment 10 sessions in advance through a credit or debit card or
- Register via pitchbooking.com and set up a membership option allowing a weekly recurring credit or debit card charge to be made against the account holder.
- In the event of a charge not being paid in accordance with these conditions, any future bookings may be cancelled.
Section 2 : Bookings
All Bookings are hosted on Pitchbooking.com
- Bookings can be made using Pitchbooking.com and any questions can be answered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment for a single session is to be made at the time of booking; payment for block bookings must be made in accordance with Section 1(4) above.
Section 3 - Cancellation
- Block bookings
The Wellbeing Team at email@example.com must be notified of any cancellations in writing at least 48 hours in advance, refunds are at the discretion of Cherwell District Council.
- Single sessions
Hirers who cancel a single session booking, must notify the Wellbeing team on firstname.lastname@example.org in writing at least 48 hours in advance, refunds are at the discretion of Cherwell District Council.
- As referred to in paragraph 1 above and in accordance with Customs and Excise requirements, hirers wishing to be reimbursed for cancelled sessions forming part of a block booking of 10 sessions or more will have to pay the total amount of VAT payable in respect of the block booking of which the cancelled period forms part if there then occurs an interval of more than 14 days between sessions.
- Cherwell District Council reserves the right to cancel sessions at short notice due to school commitments, adverse weather conditions, health and safety issues or other reasonable causes.
- Cherwell District Council reserve the right to withdraw usage at any time from any individual or group who are either disruptive or whose manner and actions are detrimental to the smooth running of the facilities or to other users.
- Any cancellation by the hirer must be made in writing by email to email@example.com, an acknowledgement of receipt will be provided.
Section 4 : Insurance
- Cherwell District Council shall not, in any circumstances, be responsible for any damage or injury to or the loss, theft or removal of property brought or left by any person in or on the facility used therewith and the hirer undertakes to indemnify the management against all claims, actions and proceedings in respect of any such damage, injury, loss, theft or removal or against any loss sustained by any person whatsoever in consequence thereof.
- The hirer is required to ensure that, during a booked period, users of the facilities are covered by appropriate Public Liability insurance in the sum of £5,000,000. Confirmation of this insurance will need to be acknowledged at the time of booking.
- Where the required level of Public Liability cannot be reasonably obtained, an additional fee of 10 per cent of the total charges payable in respect of the booked period(s) will be levied in order to secure appropriate insurance cover.
- Should an accident or injury occur during a booking period, the hirer is required to inform a member of staff of the incident at the time of occurrence to report it.
Section 5 : General Regulations
- Facilities cannot be accessed until permission is granted by the Wellbeing Team.
- Hirers shall comply with all reasonable directions given to them by the Wellbeing Team.
- No person whose footwear is unsuitable shall be allowed to use the facilities (i.e. studs or blades on ATP) such suitability to be determined solely by the Leisure and Sport team.
- It is forbidden for users of the facilities to smoke, ride bikes, leave litter or use any other equipment not needed for the specific sport for which the facilities have been booked. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure users do not partake in any of the aforementioned.
- No dogs are allowed on the Schools Campus at any time, either brought there by the players or any spectators who may attend any session, except for assistance dogs.
- Hirers should arrive no more than 10 minutes before the booked period is due to commence unless previously agreed.
- It is recommended that hirers arrange for a qualified first aider to be in attendance during a booked session.
- To allow for changeover of activities for Grass Inner Pitch hire at North Oxfordshire Academy and The Cooper School Sports Hall, these sessions will be of 55 minutes duration.
- Please see separate guidance notes regarding use of the facilities during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Section 6 : Restricted Category of Use
- All motorised vehicles are banned from programmes of use, for example motorised go- karts and motorbike activities. Events including motorcycles, drag racing, demolition derbies, and related events are not authorised activities.
- Chainsaws, other dangerous mechanical machines and stunt activities cannot be displayed within the leisure facilities.
- Fireworks secured, used, or displayed in conjunction with the leisure facilities are unauthorised except where the fireworks display is conducted under the auspices of a certified or licensed fireworks control expert.
- Firearms (including paintball, dye or lasers) knives and swords are not allowed within the leisure facilities. Swords will only be permitted with prior approval and explicitly for approved fencing activities.
- Activities of a sexual nature are not permitted within the leisure facilities.
- Any events, rallies or activities of a political nature that may insight racial disarray are not permitted within the leisure facilities.
- Any events which promote the misuse of alcohol drugs and smoking are not permitted within the leisure facilities.
- Any events that display animal fighting are not permitted within the leisure facilities.
- Performance with live animals is not permitted within the leisure facilities (unless authorised.
- Liquidation/bankrupt company stock sales are not permitted within the leisure facilities.
Section 7 : Floodlight and Changing Facilities
Use of floodlight and changing facilities are included in the hire charge.
Section 8 : Parking
All facilities have ample on-site parking.