Residents living in the Cherwell district that are in receipt of an eligible benefit (see qualifying criteria below), or would benefit from using leisure facilities following a recommendation from a medical professional, could be entitled to a Cherwell Link Card which provides a 50 per cent discount on some recreational activities.
To be eligible for a Cherwell Link Card, one of the following criteria must apply to the applicant:
- Disability Living Allowance / Personal Independent Payment
- Universal Credit (Limited capability for work and work related activity)
- Attendance Allowance
- Industrial Disablement Allowance
- War Disablement Allowance
- Long term Incapacity Benefit
- Employment Support Allowance (Support Component Only)
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- A 'blue badge' parking permit
- Medical grounds (to be supported by a medical professional - GP, Health or Social Services)
Once an application has been received and approved for the scheme, the Link Card will be posted out within 10 working days.
Terms and conditions relating to the Cherwell Link Discount Scheme are included on the application form.