Appeal against your Council Tax banding

It is the responsibility of the Listing Officer of the Valuation Office Agency (part of the Inland Revenue) to set and maintain Council Tax bands for all properties in England and Wales.

If you’ve recently moved into a property and you think the Council Tax banding is wrong, you have six months to appeal against your banding.

Even if you appeal you must continue to pay your Council Tax based on the current banding of your property. If your appeal is successful, we will send you a refund for any overpayments you have made.