It is always difficult to be out of work and losing your job can easily affect your health. Trying to find work can be an exhausting and frustrating job in itself so it’s vital not to ignore the impact and the benefits of both your mental and physical wellbeing at this important time.
Here, we’ve put together a range of mental health advice and guidance.
Many people gain support from their family and friends. Talking about how you feel can be useful. Some people find that they need more support and your family doctor can help. They may help you themselves or suggest another service. In Oxfordshire there is a range of services that can support you. You can also go directly to local charities and support groups.
- Oxfordshire MIND is there to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support. Go online or call the information line on 01865 247788 for further information.
- Restore is an Oxfordshire-based mental health charity that supports people to take control of their recovery, develop skills and lead meaningful lives. Find out about their services by visiting their website.
- Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust provides physical, mental health and social care for people of all ages across Oxfordshire. Follow the ‘Your Health’ link from their website.
- The Leisure and Culture pages on Cherwell District Council’s website can highlight ideas, resources and opportunities to sustain and improve your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Active Body Healthy Mind offers supported sport and physical activity sessions to people experiencing mental health difficulties in Oxfordshire. With a wide range of fantastic sessions available designed to fit around your life, you're bound to find something you'll enjoy!