We investigate any vehicles reported as abandoned on local roads or car park areas.
An untaxed vehicle or one without an MOT does not, on its own, constitute an abandoned vehicle.
An officer will carry out a visual inspection of the vehicle
We will be looking for signs that it may have been abandoned:
- flat tyres
- Broken windows
- obvious signs that it has not moved for some time
- missing number plate
- fuel cap missing
We do not have the powers to deal with the following
- Untaxed vehicle on the highway
- SORN declared vehicles on a the highway
- Vehicles without a current MOT
These offences are enforced by the DVLA.
We will need the following information to be able to deal with the vehicle:
- Make, model, colour and registration number of vehicle
- The location
- Is the vehicle in a dangerous condition?
Please leave your contact details in case there is a problem. It can take 3 to 4 weeks to remove