The Community Wardens employed by us are accredited by Thames Valley Police under the Community Safety Scheme and have access to police radio’s to assist them in their duties.
Community Wardens have powers to issue fixed penalty notices in respect of the Public Spaces Protection Order (Banbury Town Centre), littering and dog fouling.
Their duties and responsibilities include:
- Participate in joint operations and tasking’s with partner organisations to reduce anti-social behaviour, crime and the fear of crime in the district
- Protect and safeguard vulnerable individuals in the community
- Carry out high visibility foot patrols
- Providing community safety advice and support to residents and partner agencies
- Carry out anti-social behaviour investigations and where appropriate taking enforcement action
- Attending community and partner agency meetings
Contact the Community Safety Team
Phone: 01295 221824