Our team consists of four Community Wardens and one Community Safety officer overseen by the Community Safety Manager.
The role of the team is to provide help and support to residents and visitors of Cherwell. We work closely with Partner agencies including Thames Valley Police to ensure a safe environment to live and work.
All Wardens and Officers are trained to a Police accredited standard. This means specific police powers have been delegated to them to help tackle Anti-Social Behaviour within the community.
The Warden's key objectives include:
- To carry out Hi visibility patrols throughout the Cherwell District which includes Banbury, Bicester, Kidlington and all surrounding villages.
- To provide Community Safety advice and support to residents and partner agencies
- Carry out ASB investigations and where appropriate take enforcement action
The Community Safety Officer's key objectives include:
- To develop and promote community safety activity in the district, contributing to the Council strategic priorities & partnerships
- To work in partnership working with Thames Valley Police, Registered Social Landlords and any other agencies or organisations to tackle Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Disorder
- Provide specialist advice to the public, elected members and other organisations
Contact the Community Safety Team on 01295 221824 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook at Cherwell District Council Community Safety Team or follow on Twitter: @CherwellTeam