Elections are due to take place in all District Wards, and in 24 parishes across the district on Thursday 2 May 2019.
If you are interested in standing as a candidate for any of the District wards or parishes, nomination papers must be submitted by hand, on weekdays between 10am and 4pm, from Wednesday 27 March to Wednesday 3 April, to the Cherwell District Council offices at Bodicote House. The statutory deadline to submit nomination papers is 4pm on 3 April and papers cannot be accepted after this time.
To request a nomination pack or make an appointment to submit a completed nomination paper, please call the Democratic and Elections Team on 01295 221534. Nomination papers and further useful information for candidates is available on the Electoral Commission website.
Lists of candidates for each ward and parish will be available shortly after nominations close.
Poll cards will be sent out on 26 March to all those electors already registered and eligible to vote in these elections.
If you are not yet registered to vote, or you have moved/due to move, you have until midnight on Friday 12 April to register to be able to vote in these elections. Those electors who register before the deadline will receive a poll card after 18 April.
If you are already registered, but will be away on polling day, you can apply for a postal vote. Completed applications must be received by us no later than 5pm on Monday 15 April. If we receive your postal vote application before 8 March, your postal vote will be sent out around 15 April. If we receive your application after 8 March, your postal vote will be sent out around 23 April.
If you already have a postal vote, but you will be away when they are sent out, you can change the address your vote is sent to, or you can cancel it altogether. To change or cancel your postal vote you must let us know in writing (letter or email) by 5pm on 15 April; each person who wants to cancel a postal vote must contact us individually.
If you are going to be away on polling day and don’t want a postal vote, you can appoint a proxy (someone votes on your behalf) to vote in your usual polling station. Completed proxy applications must be received by us no later than 5pm on Wednesday 24 April. After this deadline we will write to your proxy to confirm they have been appointed.
Details of the District Councillors due for re-election this year are as follows:
- Adderbury, Bloxham and Bodicote - Mike Bishop
- Banbury Calthorpe - Colin Clarke
- Banbury Cross and Neithrop - Hannah Banfield
- Banbury Grimsbury and Hightown - Claire Bell
- Banbury Hardwick - Nicholas Turner
- Banbury Ruscote - Sean Woodcock
- Bicester East - Richard Mould
- Bicester North and Caversfield - Jason Slaymaker
- Bicester South and Ambrosden - David Anderson
- Bicester West - Debbie Pickford
- Cropredy, Sibfords and Wroxton - Douglas Webb
- Deddington - Hugo Brown
- Fringford and Heyfords - Ian Corkin
- Kidlington East - Neil Prestidge
- Kidlington West - Alan Mackenzie-Wintle
- Launton and Otmoor - Tim Hallchurch
The parish councils due for election are:
- Bicester - new parish wards in effect from this election
- Claydon with Clattercot
- Gosford and Water Eaton
- Hook Norton
- Lower Heyford
- Middleton Stoney
- South Newington
- Upper Heyford
- Heyford Park - brand new parish
To view results of previous elections, please visit our election results page