Elections - Thursday 2 May 2024
On Thursday 2 May 2024, electors in Cherwell will vote for councillors to represent them on the district council. 16 out of 48 seats, one seat per ward, are up for election.
9 parish councils have elections scheduled on Thursday, 2 May 2024.
There will also be elections for the Police and Crime Commissioner on the same day. Electors in the Cherwell district vote for the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner.
All electors who are registered and eligible to vote will receive a poll card in late March 2024.
If you’ve recently moved or turned 18, you may not be registered. You can do this at Register to Vote.
If you wish to vote at the polling station you will be required to show an accepted form of photographic ID before being issued with a ballot paper, to find out more information on what forms of ID are accepted or on how to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate visit our Voter ID page.
Key dates for elections on 2 May 2024
- Nominations can be submitted weekdays (excluding Bank Holidays) between the hours of 10am and 4pm from Wednesday 27 March 2024 until 4pm on Friday 5 April 2024
- Deadline for new applications to register in time to vote at the above election: Tuesday 16 April 2024
- Deadline for submitting applications to vote by post at the above election: 5pm, Wednesday 17 April 2024
- Deadline for applying for a Voter Authority Certificate: 5pm, Wednesday 24 April 2024
- Deadline for submitting applications to vote by proxy at the above election: 5pm, Wednesday 24 April 2024
- Polling Day will be on Thursday 2 May 2024 with polling stations open from 7:00am to 10:00pm
- Distribution of poll cards will be between 27 to 30 March 2024
These pages will be updated as we approach the elections