A private hire vehicle licence is required for a vehicle that wished to be pre-booked,
All private hire vehicles must be driven by a person who holds a HCV/PHV drivers licence.
We can only issue a private hire vehicle licence for vehicles that operate within the district. All vehicles will be subject to inspections
Fees effective 1 April 2021
Licence Fee Grant of new licence £277.00 Renewal of existing licence £256.00 Internal Plate replacement £10.50 Plate or bracket replacement £21.00 Paper licence replacement £11.00 Change of vehicle only £104.50 Transfer of licensee only £57.50 Change of vehicle and licensee £130.00
- Apply / renew
- Change of details
- Additional information
The following documents must be submitted with your application:-
- Current insurance certificate
- MOT no older than 28 days, completed at a test station within the Cherwell Council area.
- Receipts for any advisories works completed following your MOT
- Full V5 Log Book, or green slip and bill of sale if you have just purchased the vehicle.
- Full service history for vehicles over 10 years old
- Report an accident
- Supporting documents
- 01295 753744. The licensing team is available to the public on the telephone between 9:00am and 4:00pm. To make an appointment with an officer please contact us.