We must be satisfied that all applicants are "fit and proper persons". This is achieved through an application process, which includes a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. To apply for a licence we need the following:
- The application is completed in full*
- Group 2 Medical form completed by a doctor with access to your patient records has been received*
- Payment for the application*
- All original supporting documents required have been seen (including 2 passport photographs)*
- The Disclosure Barring Service application has been completed*
- Council approved safeguarding training has been undertaken*
- A Council approved Spoken English qualification has been produced
- A Council approved driving qualification has been produced
- Topographical Knowledge Test has been passed
All requirements marked with a * need to be carried out on renewal as well
Fees effective 1 April 2021
Licence Fee Grant of licence - one year £119.50 Grant of licence - three years £198.00 Renewal of existing licence - one year £100.50 Renewal of existing licence - three years £174.50 DBS check and DVLA check £51.00 Knowledge test or retake Knowledge test £26.00 Badge or replacement badge £26.00 Replacement paper licence £11.00 Disability and Safeguarding Awareness training £50.00 English testing £42.00
- Apply / renew
- Change of details
- Additional information
Safeguarding and Disability Awareness Course
You will need to book and attend mandatory Child & Adult Safeguarding and Disability Awareness training prior to applying for your new taxi drivers licence. The cost of this is £50, payable to Cherwell District Council.
To book your training please go the Booking Website and follow the instructions from there.
You will be sent email confirmation of your training course booking. Any reading to complete before the session or anything required to bring with you to the session will be included and explained on the email. After the training you will be given a training certificate which you will need to show to Cherwell District Council.
If you are unable to do this at home please contact the licensing team and we can arrange for you to come to Bodicote House to book your course.
Currently Acceptable Driving Standards Test Providers
- http://www.advancedmotoring.co.uk Telephone 020 8253 0120
- https://www.bluelamptrust.org.uk Telephone 0300 777 0157
- http://www.greenpenny.co.uk/taxi-assessment-booking-form Telephone 0844 870 2647
- http://www.iamroadsmart.com/ Telephone 020 8996 9600
- Supporting documents
- 01295 753744. The licensing team is available to the public on the telephone between 9:00am and 4:00pm. To make an appointment with an officer please contact us.