A private hire operators licence is required to enable a person to accept or invite bookings for private hire vehicles. All private hire vehicles must operate through a private hire operator licence.
- "Fit and Proper" Test
- a completed application form and supporting documents
- a list of vehicles that operate under this permission
- DBS Check - if not a CDC Licenced driver £44.00
- £120.00 for a new grant (including one vehicle)
- £85.00 on renewal (including one vehicle) and
- £20.00 for each additional vehicle listed.
Fees effective 1 April 2021
Licence Fees Operator's Licence (one vehicle only) - 1 year £147.00 Operator's Licence (one vehicle only) – 5 year £136.00 For each additional vehicle £21.00
- Period of license
- Apply / renew
- Change of details
- Additional information
Applicants that are not licensed Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Drivers with Cherwell District Council will also be required to submit a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate
- Supporting documents
- 01295 753744. The licensing team is available to the public on the telephone between 9:00am and 4:00pm. To make an appointment with an officer please contact us.