Licences and permits - Personal licence (to sell alcohol)

Record details


Anyone responsible for authorising the sale of alcohol needs a personal licence.

A personal licence issued in England or Wales can be used anywhere in in both countries.


To apply for a personal licence:

You can only hold one personal licence at a time.

Read our Statement of Licensing Policy



(cheques payable to Cherwell District Council).

Period of license

A personal licence lasts indefinitely unless it is suspended, revoked or surrendered.

Apply / renew
01295 753744. The licensing team is available to the public on the telephone between 9:00am and 4:00pm. To make an appointment with an officer please contact us.