Anyone responsible for authorising the sale of alcohol needs a personal licence.
A personal licence issued in England or Wales can be used anywhere in in both countries.
To apply for a personal licence:
- You must be 18 or over
- Complete a Personal Licence Qualification (all Accredited Qualification Providers)
- Have not forfeited a personal licence in the previous five years
- Have not been convicted of any relevant offence (although a licence may be granted if the police don't object)
- Submit a basic disclosure which must be less than 28 days old
- Submit a countersigned passport photograph
You can only hold one personal licence at a time.
Read our Statement of Licensing Policy
(cheques payable to Cherwell District Council).
- Period of license
A personal licence lasts indefinitely unless it is suspended, revoked or surrendered.
- Apply / renew
- 01295 753744. The licensing team is available to the public on the telephone between 9:00am and 4:00pm. To make an appointment with an officer please contact us.