Licences and permits - Dangerous wild animals licence

Record details


If you want to keep any animal on the Dangerous Wild Animals list you will need a licence.

Copies of the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 can be purchased from Her Majesty's Stationery Office.

The person making the application must be the person who owns and possesses, or proposes to own and possess, the animal to which the application applies.



You will also be required to pay the cost of inspections carried out by our authorised veterinary surgeon or veterinary practitioner.

Apply / renew
01295 753744. The licensing team is available to the public on the telephone between 9:00am and 4:00pm. To make an appointment with an officer please contact us.