Pay your Excess Charge Notice (ECN)
About your ECN
Excess Charge Notices were issued for parking offences before Thursday, 11 November 2021.
On receipt of your ECN you must pay the parking fine on or before the end of the 28 day period as shown.
Select the + sign at the end of each heading to expand the content.
Why have I been issued with an ECN?
You will have been issued with a parking fine, also known as an Excess Charge Notice (ECN) for one of the following contraventions:
- no valid parking ticket or permit displayed on the vehicle windscreen/dashboard
- payment for parking had not been made
- the parking ticket/blue badge/permit was not correctly displayed or date and expiry time were not clearly visible
- the vehicle was parked for longer than the maximum period paid for or permitted
- the vehicle was not parked fully within a designated parking space(s)
- the vehicle was parked in a space designated for disabled persons but was not displaying a valid Blue Badge
- the vehicle was parked in a space not of the class authorised (eg in a space designated solely for taxis, doctor's vehicles, coaches, buses or vehicles exceeding the weight limit)
Car park information and enforcement policy
Our Enforcement Policy dated 1 October 2019 applies to all ECN's issued upto mid-night on Wednesday, 10 November 2021.
How much do I have to pay?
Excess Charge: £60, subject to a deduction of £30 for payment within 14 days of the offence. Payment shall be further reduced to £10.00 if payment is made within 24 hours of the date and time of issue.
- If your ticket has expired or
- if the clock or badge displayed (disabled parking) has not been set to show the time of arrival of the vehicle in the parking space
Excess Charge: £80, subject to a deduction of £40 for payment within 14 days of the offence
- Payment for parking has not been made
- Vehicle is not of specified class parked in the parking place or
- Vehicle is parked outside a marked bay
Payment for excess charge notices must be made with 28 days of issue. After which the charge will increase to £100.
Pay for your ECN
Before you start you will need:
- your vehicle registration number
- the ECN number listed on your parking ticket and
- a valid debit or credit card