Why have I got a parking ticket?
A parking fine or Excess Charge Notice will be issued for the following contraventions:
- no valid parking ticket or permit displayed on the vehicle windscreen/dashboard
- payment for parking had not been made
- the parking ticket/blue badge/permit was not correctly displayed or date and expiry time were not clearly visible
- the vehicle was parked for longer than the maximum period paid for or permitted
- the vehicle was not parked fully within a designated parking space(s)
- the vehicle was parked in a space designated for disabled persons but was not displaying a valid Blue Badge
- the vehicle was parked in a space not of the class authorised (eg in a space designated solely for taxis, doctor's vehicles, coaches, buses or vehicles exceeding the weight limit)
Payment of your fine is acceptance of liability. Do not pay if you intend to challenge your ticket. Go to the Parking Fine - Appeal page.