The Primary Authority scheme was introduced in 2009 to reduce legal burdens and red tape for businesses and to improve consistency amongst inspectors and local authorities.
Businesses can form a partnership with a council and receive advice and guidance which must be taken into account by all other councils around the country when carrying out inspections or considering legal action, reducing the likelihood of inconsistent decisions being made.
We offer partnerships for food hygiene, health and safety and environmental protection. We currently have partnerships related to supermarkets, trampoline parks and care homes.
By forming a Primary Authority Partnership with us your business could benefit from:
- Fast, reliable and legally compliant advice on regulation and your legal responsibilities;
- A single point of contact for advice and guidance;
- Assured advice which should not be challenged by other authorities;
- Protection from contradictory advice between authorities and dispute resolution where contradictions arise;
- Protection from over-regulation;
- Targeted inspection plans to reduce over-long, repetitive visits;
- Policy, procedure and system reviews;
For more information about how Primary Authorities work and which business are in a Primary Authority see the Primary Authority Register.