FAST - Activities for Families
Due to high demand for this programme there will be a slight delay in cards being despatched.
What is the FAST Programme?
The FAST programme is an exciting new programme based in targeted areas of Banbury and is aimed at making it easier and accessible for families to enjoy physical activity and sport together. This four year programme is funded from a Sport England grant together with a range of partnership funding.
There are four targeted wards, Neithrop, Ruscote, Hardwick and Grimsbury, and the aim is to provide activities for Brighter Futures areas of Banbury. The programme will help to break down the barriers for families to access physical activities and positive opportunities in these locations specifically, by providing discounted access to Leisure Centres and other free activities throughout the year.
The programme offers a range of FREE and significantly reduced physical activity opportunities for families in these targeted areas, to access all year round, at times and days that are suitable. The programme will consist of
- FREE 12 week programme in all of the schools in the targeted areas throughout the school year.
- FREE locally-based activity sessions in parks and community centres - a timetable will appear on this page and be kept updated.
- FAST CARD family discounted membership. This entitles families to heavily subsidised offers at Woodgreen, Spiceball Leisure Centre offers starting in September, and local clubs and providers through the year. See below for details of how to get your FAST card and the Summer Woodgreen offer.
- Resource packs and equipment to help families continue their favourite activities in their own time.
- Taster sessions and reduced membership fees at local sports clubs.
- Consultation with families to find out what they want.
- And much more!
Who can Access the offer and how to apply
Click on the Postcode finder below - this will let you know if you are eligible to access offers and get your FAST card.
If you are eligible you will automatically be taken to the FAST Card application form. The card will then be sent to the address submitted in application form with your membership number on it. Once you have your FAST card you will be able to access the many reduced offers by taking the card to with you each time you attend an activity. It is the responsibility of the owner of the FAST card to keep the card safe and we cannot be held responsible for loss of cards.
FAST Card Offers and Timetables
- Summer FAST offer at Woodgreen - Heavily subsidised offer on family swims and lessons at Woodgreen Leisure Centre. FAST swim offer flyer.
- FAST Summer Park - timetable coming soon
- FAST School Programme - coming soon
FAST Swimming Lessons - 5 Day Crash Course at Woodgreen Leisure Centre
- Times: 9:00am and 9:30am
- When: 6-10 August 2018 and 13-17 August 2018
- Duration: 30 minute lessons
- Ability: Suitable for Beginners or Improvers
- To book: Call Woodgreen Leisure Centre on 01295 262742 or go into the Centre. FAST card will need to be shown at each session
- Note: You will need to book a week in advance so for course starting 6 August you need to book by 30 July; for course starting 13 August you need to book by 6 August
- Limited places are available
FAST is being delivered in partnership with Centre For Sustainable Healthcare, Sanctuary Housing , Legacy Leisure, Oxfordshire County Council and North Oxfordshire School Sport Partnership, along with support from Sport England.