FAST - Activities for Families
What is the FAST Programme?
The FAST programme is an exciting new programme based in targeted areas of Banbury and is aimed at making it easier and accessible for families to enjoy physical activity and sport together. This four year programme is funded from a Sport England grant together with a range of partnership funding.
There are four targeted wards, Neithrop, Ruscote, Hardwick and Grimsbury, and the aim is to provide activities for Brighter Futures areas of Banbury. The programme will help to break down the barriers for families to access physical activities and positive opportunities in these locations specifically, by providing discounted access to Leisure Centres and other free activities throughout the year.
The programme offers a range of free and significantly reduced physical activity opportunities for families in these targeted areas, to access all year round, at times and days that are suitable.
The programme will consist of
- Free 12 week programme in all of the schools in the targeted areas throughout the school year.
- Free locally-based activity sessions in parks and community centres - a timetable will appear on this page and be kept updated.
- FAST card family discounted membership. This entitles families to heavily subsidised offers at Woodgreen, Spiceball Leisure Centre, and local clubs and providers through the year. See below for details of how to get your FAST card and the Summer Woodgreen offer.
- Resource packs and equipment to help families continue their favourite activities in their own time.
- Taster sessions and reduced membership fees at local sports clubs.
- Consultation with families to find out what they want.
- And much more!
Take at look at the Autumn 2018 Offers which will launch in October.
Who can Access the offer and how to apply
If you are eligible you will automatically be taken to the FAST Card application form. The card will then be sent to the address submitted in application form with your membership number on it. Once you have your FAST card you will be able to access the many reduced offers by taking the card to with you each time you attend an activity. It is the responsibility of the owner of the FAST card to keep the card safe and we cannot be held responsible for loss of cards.
FAST Card School Programme
- Mondays - Hill View School 3:15pm to 4:15pm*
- Tuesdays - St Leonards School 3:15pm to 4:15pm*
- Fridays - Dashwood School 3:15pm to 5:15pm*
*Free School Sessions are for children and parents attending these schools. The sessions will be available at all schools in Ruscote, Grimsbury, Hardwick and Neithrop wards throughout the school year. Contact your school to get involved.
FAST Card Community Programme
- Tuesdays - Family Circuits at Woodgreen Leisure Centre (book in advance) 4:30pm to 5:30pm
- Thursdays - Sunshine Centre Multi Sports 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- Fridays - Family Boxercise at Woodgreen Leisure Centre (book in advance) 4:30pm to 5:30pm
- Sundays - Banbury United Family Football starts 21 October 2018 10:30am to 11:30am, includes free sandwich and drink
- Banbury United - Free entry to all games with FAST Card
Look out for more offers coming soon!
FAST is being delivered in partnership with Centre For Sustainable Healthcare, Sanctuary Housing , Legacy Leisure, Oxfordshire County Council and North Oxfordshire School Sport Partnership, along with support from Sport England.