Coronavirus : Council Tax help

Struggling to pay?

Council Tax reduction scheme

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, you may be eligible for Council Tax Reduction (CTR) (sometimes called Council Tax Support) if you’re on a low income, claim certain benefits and do not have more than £16,000 in capital.

Please be aware that you will need to apply separately for Council Tax Reduction if you have made a claim for Universal Credit.

Council Tax Reduction scheme

If you cannot make an online claim, please contact our Revenues and Benefits team by phone 01295 227002 or email