Council Tax reduction

You may be eligible for a Claim Council Tax reduction (sometimes called Council Tax support) if you’re on a low income, claim certain benefits and do not have more than £16,000 in capital.

You will need to provide supporting evidence with your claim. Any entitlement granted will be credited to your council tax account. You may also be able to apply to backdate your claim for up to six months from the date of your claim. We try to finalise claims within 14 days of supplying the last piece of information.

Change of circumstances

  • If there’s a change in any of your personal circumstances, you must let us know in writing as soon as possible. If this results in an overpayment we will send you a revised bill.
  • Tell us about your new circumstances

Appeal a decision

  • If you disagree with a decision we make, you can appeal. You need to explain why you disagree with our decision. If we don’t make a decision after two months you can then write to the Valuation Tribunal

Make a claim