How we use your information
The Council will use information collected by the community services grant team to:
- process applications and makes decisions for the management of community funding programmes;
- draw up offer letters and associated terms and conditions;
- project manage the grant claim process and any project monitoring requirements both during and post-project completion;
- in liaison with the grant recipient, we reserve the right to enter into publicity and press releases regarding the project, as set out in the terms and conditions of the offer.
Who will have access to my personal data?
Council staff and Council Members involved in the grant application, decision-making and project monitoring processes
What information is processed?
At the application stage, we will record the following information in order to ratify that a grant applicant has a bank or building society account set up in the organisation’s name:
- account holder’s name
- branch address
- sort code and account number
- name, address and contact details of the organisation/individual applicant.
The Council will retain all data for five years from the date of receipt of the application. After this time, all personal data will be redacted, leaving only the organisation’s data to be retained for a further five years. Once the retention period has expired we will securely dispose of all documentation..
Summary of rights
In line with the administration of public funds and for transparency purposes, we are required to publish on our website:-
- the value of the grant,
- date grant awarded
- name of grant recipient
- project description
You have a number of statutory rights that are explained in the “Summary of the data subject’s rights" section of our Privacy statement.