Terms and Conditions
Please read these fully before submitting an application for funding.
The following Terms and Conditions apply:
- The grant recipient will not operate for profit for its members. There will be no distribution of assets or funds from this grant to any individual during the existence of the organisation or on its dissolution.
- Membership will be open to all and will not be refused on other than reasonable grounds. There will be no discrimination on grounds of race, sexual orientation, disability, occupation, religious or other opinion.
- The grant recipient shall have a written constitution (where relevant), bank account in the name of the organisation and accounts, audited where relevant.
- All works and activities covered by the grant will conform to all relevant statutory obligations, bylaws, licences, regulations and consents.
- The grant-aided assets or activity will be adequately insured, and the organisation will maintain adequate insurance covering public liability. Evidence of insurance cover must be produced for us, if requested.
- Money will be spent on the purpose approved by this grant. No material changes to the grant purpose will be made without making a request in writing, for our written approval. Any such requests must be directed to the relevant Community Development Partner.
- We reserve the right to suspend, defer, withhold or clawback any or all of the Grant payments and/or require repayment of all of the financial assistance if:
- all terms and conditions of this Agreement are not met in full;
- any information given to us in connection with the grant application is found to be false or misleading or there has been a failure to disclose any material fact which would have had a bearing on the initial consideration of the application;
- there is a substantial or material change in the nature, scale or timing of the Project;
- the Project extends to purposes other than those specified in the application; or
- grant funding is received from any other source for the same Project that would result in the total eligible project costs being exceeded.
- We accept no liability for the outcome of the use to which the grant funding has spent nor for any product purchased by the grant recipient.
- In order to make a claim, a request for payment form (RfP) must be submitted to us. The grant recipient must keep a financial record of all grant expenditure. Invoices and receipts must be retained and submitted to us, if requested.
Note: To facilitate cash flow, the payment form can be submitted ahead of you making the purchase. This is on the proviso that copies of the invoices, and/or an activity report is provided to evidence how the funding has been spent.
- We reserve the right to inspect the assets and/or activities for which the funding has been sought on giving reasonable notice to the applicant.
- Our offer is conditional upon you notifying us immediately of any changes to assets and/or activities as set out in the original application and offer letter, prior to progressing. Any changes will be re-evaluated, and a variation letter will be sent to you if this is acceptable
- We reserve the right to withhold a grant or require repayment if it finds that any form of deliberately false or misleading information was provided either at the application stage or subsequent to the offer letter.
- Any assets of value purchased with the aid of a grant should be retained and used for the agreed purpose for a period of the lifespan of the project activity and/or project asset. If used for another purpose or disposed of, this must be reported to us. We reserve the right to require repayment to the value of the asset or the transfer of it to another beneficiary.
- Conditions of this Agreement
- SPARK support will be acknowledged in any of the recipient’s publications and publicity materials that directly relate to the project
- All presentations (oral or written) and interviews must include the use of the SPARK logo (where applicable). This will be provided by your Community Development Partner
- It is a condition of this grant offer that feedback is provided to us and a template will be provided for this purpose. This shall commence once the project has been completed in order to measure the outcomes and achievements of the project.
- Example of Milestone Table for Project Completion:
Completion date Activity description * £ Amount of claim
Insert date for each milestone proposed latest - please note this is the expiry date of the offer
Activity and project costs listing
evidenced by copies of supplier invoices and / or activity reports.
* note: exclude VAT where this is recoverable from HMRC
If you have any queries regarding the eligibility criteria or the application process please contact the Community Funding Officer on 01295 221538 or email: email@example.com