Cherwell’s Health and Wellbeing Bus is used by us and partner health and wellbeing organisations as a mobile health promotion resource to offer health promotion, advice and activities to residents who traditionally do not access these services around the Cherwell District.
The bus is available to hire for a whole range of health events and campaigns. It’s the perfect vehicle to support communities and promote local services to a wide ranging audience.
Featuring a private, air-conditioned clinic/consultation room at the rear, with frosted glass windows and black-out blinds for further privacy, it’s designed to offer simple health checks and useful advice. Wheelchair access is via remote-controlled ramp at the rear. There is an LPG generator to power the heating, hot water, lighting etc.
People can hop on board, take advantage of various services and pick up health tips and information throughout the day. It couldn’t be easier for experts to highlight their initiatives, raise awareness and discuss residents’ concerns. We’ll provide a driver for your event who will deliver and collect the bus from your chosen location.
Hiring the bus
The use of the health bus by partners and health care practitioners is currently free of charge on condition that the use of the bus meets the following criteria:
- The event booked is within the Cherwell District area
- The event delivered meets a health and wellbeing priority
We will charge partners and health care practitioners for use of the bus if the bus is used:
- outside of the Cherwell District area
- for an activity or event that does not meet a health and wellbeing priority
- £150 for a full day from bus pick up to drop off (5+hours) including driver and fuel costs
- £75 for half day from bus pick up to drop off (up to 5 hours) including driver and fuel costs
If you’d like to hire our Health and Wellbeing bus for your next event, please get in touch about availability at firstname.lastname@example.org.