- Cherwell District Council, Bodicote House, Whitepost Road, Bodicote, Banbury OX15 4AA
Thursday 4th July 2019
09:15 - 14:30, exam 14:00-14:30
- Course type
- A four hour interactive taught course, with learning assessed by a 15 question multiple choice exam which delegates have 30 minutes to complete. (60% pass mark required).
- Short course description
- New legislation implemented in 2014 has brought significant changes to the requirements on food businesses regarding allergens. This course is ideal for anyone providing food to the public to ensure they understand those legal requirements, making their customers and business safer.
- Full course description
Supported by Allergens UK this course covers:
- Introduction to food allergens
- Allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- Symptoms of allergic reactions and how to respond
- Allergens legislation and recent legal cases
- Food labelling requirements
- The 14 regulated allergens
- Free-from claims
- Managing allergens from purchase to service
- Providing allergen information to customers
- Examination board
All our courses are taught by qualified food officers on behalf of Highfield Qualifications and are regulated by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
- Location map