An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a small and friendly maintenance team that service and repair a diverse range of vehicles used by our Street Cleansing and Waste Collection teams.
Environmental Services is part of Cherwell District Council. The main vehicle workshop is based at our Thorpe Lane depot in Banbury but sometimes repairs need to be carried out at our other depots or even at the roadside. The work is varied, and flexibility is required.
The Council offers an excellent range of training opportunities including LGV training, MOT testing and enhanced technical skills.
• Applicants must hold a full clean driving license and must be prepared to undertake training to achieve a LGV 2 licence.
• Applicants must hold a City & Guilds, full craft certificate in motor mechanics or equivalent and have had experience of working on commercial vehicles.
• You will be able to demonstrate commitment in developing new skills and hold good customer service.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer and has flexible working practices.
• A generous annual leave entitlement
• Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme (after one years’ service)
• Incremental pay award (awarded annually in April after one years’ service)
Monday 03 October 2022
Wednesday 12 October 2022
For more information please contact Kevin Busby, Fleet Supervisor on 01295 221954.