We are looking for a compassionate and responsible individual to join our established and hard- working Community Safety Wardens.
You will work closely with other Cherwell District Council services, housing associations, Thames Valley Police, Town, and Parish Councils, to resolve issues in relation to anti-social behaviour and engage with the residents of Cherwell. In doing so you will-
• Provide highly visible uniformed presence in our local community and towns to serve an essential link between the community and the Council; actively developing trust and confidence and fostering community cohesion.
• Promote community safety, deter anti-social behaviour and crime, and contribute to community development; assisting with people who live in our neighbourhoods identifying and safeguarding the most vulnerable.
• Carry out duties to contribute to more resilient communities through projects and initiatives that promote community safety, reduce fear of crime, and improve public confidence.
• Contribute to the Council’s and the Community Safety Partnership strategic priorities and ensure a safer and cohesive, resilient, and responsible community.
You will receive training to an accredited standard.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and Level 2 Police Vetting.
Do you have a passion for helping people, creating positive change and enforcing legislation? Are you a motivated team player looking for a new challenge? Then this job could be for you.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer and has flexible working practices.
• A generous annual leave entitlement
• Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme (after one years’ service)
• Incremental pay award (awarded annually in April after one years’ service)
Tuesday 23 August 2022
Thursday 01 September 2022
For more information, please contact Richard Webb – Assistant Director Regulatory Services and Community Safety 01865 815 791 or Emily James – Community Safety Manager 07770832987.