FAST - Activities for Families
What is the FAST programme?
The FAST programme (Families Active Sporting Together) is an exciting programme which was initially based in targeted wards of Banbury but due to the success of the programme it has been expanded to targeted wards of Bicester and Kidlington. The FAST programme is aimed at making it easier and accessible for families to enjoy physical activity and sport together. This four year programme is funded from a Sport England grant together with a range of partnership funding.
The FAST programme is available to families in the following wards:
- Banbury - Neithrop, Ruscote, Hardwick and Grimsbury
- Bicester – Bicester East, Bicester West, Bicester Town, Bicester South and Ambrosden
- Kidlington – Kidlington East and Kidlington West
The reason for the programme being available in these specific wards is to help and make it easier for families in these areas to access physical activity where research has highlighted lower than the national average physical activity levels. This is a requirement of the grant funding.
The programme offers a range of free and significantly reduced physical activity opportunities for families in these targeted areas, at times and days as described below. The only requirement is that you agree to complete a survey after three and nine months of using the card. The programme will consist of
- Free 12 week programme in all of the schools in the targeted areas throughout the school year.
- Free locally-based activity sessions in parks and community centres will run at various times during the year.
- Heavily subsidised physical activity opportunities at local leisure centres, sport clubs, organisations, shops and much more.
- Resource packs and equipment to help families continue their favourite activities in their own time.
- Taster sessions and reduced membership fees at local sports clubs.
- Consultation with families to find out what they want.
- And much more!
Who can access the offer and how to apply
Please visit the FAST card application page to check your postcode for eligibility and complete the on-line application form.
The card will then be sent to the address submitted on application form with your membership number on it. Once you have your FAST card your family will be able to access the many reduced offers by taking the card to with you each time you attend an activity.
Please note that the FAST card is not for singular use, adults must be accompanied by at least one child to qualify for any offers or discounts. It is the responsibility of the owner of the FAST card to keep the card safe and we cannot be held responsible for loss of cards. Replacement cards can be issued at a cost of £2 per card by contacting the office on 01295 221803.
If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the programme please contact email@example.com
FAST is being delivered in partnership with Centre For Sustainable Healthcare, Sanctuary Housing, Legacy Leisure, Oxfordshire County Council and North Oxfordshire School Sport Partnership, along with support from Sport England.