How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
Banbury job club has been serving job seekers and recruiting businesses since January 2009, helping over 2000 local residents into work and training.
The job club is held at Banbury Town Hall between 11am and 1pm every other Friday.
Banbury Town Hall, Bridge Street, Banbury, OX16 5QB.
Upcoming Banbury job club dates
- 31st July
- 14th August
- 28th August
- 11th September
- 15 September at Banbury Town Hall - Banbury Job Fair. This will be the second job fair of the year following a record-breaking attendance in the spring and this time, we have changed the times to make it more inclusive for those who work traditional 9am-5pm hours. We had lots of people telling us they would like to attend our job fairs but couldn't as they were held during the day. This time our event will run from 4pm-7.30pm to give people a better chance to attend.
- 25th September
Banbury job club provides the following:
- CV advice from National Careers Service
- Benefits advice
- Voluntary work advice and opportunities
- Training and education advice from Banbury and Bicester college
- Job vacancies and application forms
- Laptops for online job searching
- Mind - mental health support
Support available for Jobseekers in Banbury
· Neithrop Library Job Club, Neithrop Library, Woodgreen Community Centre, Banbury, OX16 0AT: 10.00am-3.30pm. Free employment and training support for all ages. Run by Oxfordshire County Council Library Service. Individual appointments also available. Call Michael on 07769 915810 for more information.
· Banbury Early Intervention Hub, New Futures Centre, Hilton Road, Banbury, OX16 0EJ: 1pm - 4pm. A drop in service for 16-19 year olds (up to 24 with a learning disability). Call 01865 328440 for more information.
· Career Connect Banbury Job Club at The Mill Arts Centre, Banbury OX16 5QE: 10.30am - 2.30pm. Call 01865 590696 for further details.
· Banbury Job Club at Banbury Town Hall on alternate Fridays 11am-1pm - Volunteer organisations, Cherwell District Council for council tax and housing benefit advice, Banbury & Bicester College, etc. Employers often attend. For more information call 01295 221863.
Job Clubs provide access to current job opportunities, support to apply for and succeed in securing employment and free and open access to IT facilities including desktop computers, laptops and printing (check with provider for exact details).
Advice and Guidance on Learning and Work for Adults is available free from local Oxfordshire County Council Adviser. For appointments and further details contact Penny Simpson on 01295 265160 or 07825 403183.
The National Careers Service and Adult Learning offers adults information, careers and skills advice tailored to individual needs. For local appointments and further details contact Melodie Pedley on 07747 764376.
Banbury and Neithrop Libraries provide free access to desktop computers with internet facilities. Banbury Library also offers a free wireless internet access point on the first floor. There is a charge for printing. Ask at libraries for further details and to book sessions.
Banbury Jobcentre Plus offers free drop-in access to computers with internet facilities for job search and related activities.
Other useful links: