How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
Following on from the success of the job club in Banbury, Bicester job club was launched in June 2009 and has helped over 2000 jobseekers into training and/or work.
The job club is held at The Methodist Church Hall, every other Friday between 11.00 am and 1.00 pm.
Bicester Methodist Church Hall
Corner of Sheep Street and Bell Lane
The dates for the remaining 2014 job clubs in Bicester are:
- Friday 31 October - two very good and different reasons to be at Bicester job club this Friday:
1. Kentucky Fried Chicken is going to be there with many varied vacancies, both full and part time. This is an excellent opportunity to discuss all the roles and the jobs that are on offer in Bicester from KFC.
2. Bicester Green will also be there. They have a number of areas that they're looking for voluntary help with:
Repair: Electronics: fixing computers, mobiles, cameras, etc. Furniture: painting, sprucing up, reinvigorating old tired items. Bikes: learning and sharing skills in bicycle repair. Woodworking - building things to sell out of waste wood. Upholstery - learning how to upholster chairs.
Admin: Sales and marketing assistance: helping to sell their lovely items and spread the word about their training sessions. Accounting assistance - helping to keep the books in order and develop better systems.
This is another special opportunity not to be missed. The plan for Friday is an interactive session where you can use your hands to put together small bird boxes (which you can take home). They're hoping it will be engaging enough that those who participate and enjoy it will want to come and join them in the workshop to help - as well as learn things - while they continue with job hunting. Importantly Bicester Green are happy to provide references, assist your development and have a funded platform for skills to support you.
- Friday 14 November
- Friday 28 November
- Friday 12 December
- 9 January
- 23 January
- 6 February
- 20 February
- 6 March
- 20 March
Bicester job club provides the following:
- CV advice from National Careers Service
- Benefits advice
- Voluntary work advice and opportunities
- Training and education advice from Banbury and Bicester College
- Job vacancies and application forms
- Laptops for online job searching
- Mind - mental health support
Other useful links
- [PDF] Bicester Job Club Oct-Dec 2014 (218kb)
- Banbury and Bicester job clubs interview with Cllr Norman Bolster (5.6Mb)
- [PDF] Bullingdon POA Learning Centre (95kb)