How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
Need help setting up your own business?
Oxfordshire Business Enterprises
Oxfordshire business enterprises (OBE) can provide you with an experienced business advisor to provide free advice on all aspects of starting and running your own business. Support is available as early as when you are thinking of starting, through the start-up phase and/or during the first few years of operation.
OBE can help you, for example, to look at:
- your initial ideas and check their viability
- what type of company to set up (ie a limited company, sole trader, etc.)
- preparation or review of your business plan
- market research and marketing
- matters specific to your business
- establishing an action plan.
A one-to-one meeting can be arranged for you at a local venue - such as Banbury, Bicester or Oxford.
Business link is the government funded organisation helping businesses. Whether you're starting up in business for the first time, already running a business, or looking to grow and develop, Business link can offer free help to:
- manage your finances
- employ people
- find and keep customers
- pay the correct tax
- comply with environmental legislation
- trade internationally
- understand regulations in your sector
- find events and support near you.
Business link runs free workshops for people thinking about setting up a business or working for themselves. Topics covered include the pros and cons of running a business, business planning, finance, sales and marketing.
- [PDF] Local Business Contacts (285kb)