Have you been approached about having solar PV installed in your home?
We are aware that a number of companies and organisations have been contacting residents in the district.
There are a few points that are always worth checking and the Energy Saving Trust are always willing to give independent advice on 0800 512012 or use the weblink from the right of this page.
- You need to be sure that solar PV is right for your home with a sunny aspect and no shading for any part of the day. You also need to be confident that your roof is strong enough.
- You might need planning permission in some circumstances, please check with planning officers on 01295 221883 for further advice.
- Solar PV is eligible for "Feed in Tariff". This is a payment made to households for generating green electricity but your system must be installed by an MCS accredited installer.
- Some companies are offering to install solar PV for free so that you can use the electricity generated but in most cases they will claim the feed in tariff. Contact the Energy Saving Trust for more advice on these kinds of offers.
- Solar PV might not be right for your home but there are other technologies that can be installed in your home. For further advice contact the Energy Saving Trust.