Our customer service team is available to help everyone get the information and services they need, online, over the phone or in one of our local LinkPoints.
We have LinkPoints in Banbury, Bicester and Kidlington.
The Banbury LinkPoint is located alongside the Tourist Information Centre in the Castle Quay shopping centre (opposite Costa Coffee).
In Bicester our office is in Franklins House, Wesley Lane, OX26 6JU and in Kidlington we are inside Exeter Hall.
All our offices are open Monday to Friday, 8.45 - 5.15. They open at 10.00 on Wednesdays to allow for staff training.
There is an appointment scheme in operation for face-to-face advice at the LinkPoint offices at Banbury, Bicester, Bodicote and Kidlington. Please do not visit the LinkPoint office for face-to-face advice without having phoned first.
If you visit the LinkPoints without an appointment you will be able to use the self serve PCs or phone the Customer Service lines from the office for advice and if needed an appointment will be offered, although it may not be on the same day.
All the offices offer:
- an accessible environment, fully wheelchair and baby-buggy accessible
- help and advice with benefits and council tax, and expressing an interest in a home under the choice-based lettings housing scheme. You will be able to apply to go on the housing list or receive help around homelessness issues
- everything to do with waste and recycling, pests, pollution or food hygiene, parking permits and season tickets
- a self-service point so that you can access online services such as planning, with help from staff where needed.
If we can't answer your query or give you what you need we will find someone who can, and we will be continually expanding the range of services in response to local needs.
Customer Service are the first point of contact via the phone for the following services:
- Waste and recycling - all enquiries relating to recycling bins, missed bins, arranging bulky waste collection
- Environmental services - pest control, health and safety, abandoned vehicles, noise and pollution, dogs
- Council tax
- Housing benefits
- Housing services
- Business rates
- Grants and insulation
- Election services
- General enquiries
- Parking appeals
Hours of opening are 8.45-17.15 Monday to Friday.
Customer Service receive over 15,000 calls per month. Our customer advisors are multi-skilled and aim to resolve your enquiry on first contact, if this is not possible you will be contacted with an answer within 2 working days. We aim to answer all calls within 5 rings. Call volumes peak between 12.00-14.00, and lines tend to be quieter before 9.30am and after 16.00.
As an alternative to calling you can email us. In addition many services are accessible on the website. Please use the search facilities to check online availability. Payments can be made online and also 24 hours a day using the automated telephone payment line on 01295 227073.
You can pay for council services using the following methods:
- online by debit or credit card. Make a payment online now
Please note: there will be a 1.3% surcharge on all credit card transactions to cover the additional charges incurred by the council. No surcharge is applied for paying by debit card.
- call the automated payment line on 01295 227073. Have your debit or credit card, and reference number to hand.
- in person using cash, credit or debit card at any of our local one stop shops (see the contact list to the right).
- send a cheque to Bodicote House.
You can access our services over the phone (telephone numbers can be found under contacts to the right).
Sorry - we do not accept cheque payments at our local offices.
Paying council tax
If you have a barcoded bill you can pay your council tax at the Post Office or at a PayPoint. You can find your nearest PayPoint by using the agent locator on the PayPoint website (see useful links to the right).
You can pay your council tax and all other bills online by debit or credit card. Make a payment online now
To pay your council tax you can call the automated payment line on 01295 227073. Have your debit or credit card, and reference number to hand.
Why not set up a direct debit for your council tax and make regular payment easy?
- Council tax direct debit online form
- Call 01295 227000 for a fast and easy way to pay with a choice of dates.
- [PDF] Complaints Procedure (989kb)